Astenbeck Capital Management - Investor Profile


Primary Address:

Investor Information:

500 Nyala Farm RoadTotal AUM ($MM):1,400
Westport, CT 06880Equity AUM ($MM):NA
United StatesInvestment Style:Commodities Focused
Phone: 203-221-6175 Orientation:Active
Investor Type:Hedge Fund Manager

Institutional Investor Background


Astenbeck Capital Management is a hedge fund manager that was formed in February 2010 by Andrew Hall, Phibro LLC's famous CEO, and Occidental Petroleum Corporation with the purpose of managing hedge funds for Phibro's outside investors. Mr. Hall will continue to lead Phibro LLC, which was acquired by Occidental Petroleum from Citigroup in 2009. Mr. Hall owns 80% of Astenbeck Capital, while Occidental owns the remaining 20%. Astenbeck is allegedly named after a historic village near Mr. Hall's property in Germany. Half of Astenbeck Capital assets are managed in pooled commodity hedge funds.

Founders and Key Executives of Astenbeck Capital Management: Andrew Hall

Entities related to Astenbeck Capital Management: Astenbeck Commodities Fund II LP; Astenbeck Holdings LLC; Phibro LLC; Occidental Petroleum Corporation; Phibro Commodoties Fund*; Phibro Oil Fund*; Citigroup*

Relevant Firms***: Phibro LLC; Phibro LLC

*Denotes that the person or entity is no longer related to the firm. **If you would like to submit investor updates, please click here. ***Relevant firms may include firms where founders previously worked, funds that were spun-off from the firm, funds that were seeded by the firm and/or unrelated firms that were founded by veterans of the fund. For specific details, please review the Investor Background sections for each firm of interest.



Astenbeck Capital Management's Top 10 Equity Holdings


Value
Company (Ticker) ($MM) Shares Change % Out
SatOil ASA (STO) 55.80 2,266,451 0 0.07
TOTAL S.A. (ADR) (TOT) 48.41 1,008,873 0 0.04
Anadarko Petroleum Corp (APC) 38.89 444,717 0 0.09
EOG Resources Inc (EOG) 38.36 299,557 0 0.11
National-Oilwell Varco (NOV) 36.32 513,333 0 0.12
Range Resources Corp (RRC) 34.90 430,681 0 0.27
Chevron Corp (CVX) 34.22 287,988 0 0.01
Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc (FCX) 33.71 1,018,495 0 0.11
ConocoPhillips (COP) 33.31 554,221 0 0.04
Royal Dutch Shell Class A (RDS.A) 28.73 440,870 0 0.14

To See Complete Investor Holdings, Sign-up for a Free-Trial of HedgeTracker's Premium Database

Articles Related to Astenbeck Capital Management


Top Energy Hedge Funds hold over $116 billion in Energy assets; Harvest Fund Advisors largest pure Energy investor

Date: August 2nd, 2015
The Top Energy Hedge Funds list has been released, revealing that the largest hedge fund investors in Energy companies manage more than $116 billion in...

Astenbeck Capital and Clive Capital slowed by Volatile Oil Prices

Date: November 26th, 2012
Proving that the oil market is becoming too difficult to read these days, two of the largest oil-trading hedge funds are experiencing a whipsaw year and...

Top Mid-Sized Hedge Funds hold their ground, Oversee $50 Billion

Date: February 10th, 2012
The Top 100 Mid-Sized U.S. Equity Hedge Funds oversee $50 billion in assets, according to a recent report that was released by HedgeTracker.

Top hedge fund spin-offs YTD launch with over $7 billion in assets

Date: August 1st, 2010
HedgeTracker recently analyzed the year-to-date

Andrew Hall’s Astenbeck Capital raises more than $1 billion for new commodities hedge fund

Date: June 27th, 2010
Andrew Hall has raised $1.08 billion for his firm’s new hedge fund, the Astenbeck Offshore Commodities Fund II Ltd. According to Reuters, Astenbeck...

Andrew Hall raises over $1 billion for Astenbeck Offshore Commodities Fund

Date: June 22nd, 2010
Andrew Hall, the former Citigroup trader infamous for the $100 million bonus he received last year, has raised $1.08 billion for his new hedge fund, the...

Oil Market Update: Hedge funds increase net long positions in crude oil futures

Date: February 21st, 2010
Oil Market Summary for 02/16/2010 to 02/20/2010 -- An easing of the crisis in Europe gave energy markets a firm tone last week that enabled crude oil...

Phibro LLC’s Andrew Hall launches Astenbeck Capital Management

Date: February 19th, 2010
CEO of Phibro LLC, Andrew Hall, has formed a new hedge fund group, Astenbeck Capital Management, to oversee outside funds. According to the Financial...

Phibro LLC opening Commodities Hedge Fund to New Investors

Date: November 22nd, 2009
Occidental Petroleum’s (NYSE: OXY) newly acquired energy-trading unit Phibro LLC, a former unit of Citigroup (NYSE: C), has opened up its commodities...

Return to Free Hedge Fund Investor Directory

 

Copyright © HedgeTracker.com 2009 Privacy Policy